Jerry's homemade Baklava-minus the walnuts

So this household is a nut free home due to my kiddos food allergies (see my other blog on food allergies) but my husband loves baklava. While making some homemade pop tarts (also on other blog) I had left over phyllo dough to try my hands at baklava. So Simple!!

Ingredients: organic maple syrup, melted butter, phyllo dough, brown sugar, and oil spray.


Instructions: 

Layer phyllo dough: dough, melted butter, & sprinkled brown sugar. Do this 15 times then cut into triangles while in pan. Separate each triangle right in middle and add a tablespoon of brown sugar then put top back on. Then press close. I did brown sugar in half and strawberry jam in others. Baked at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Once cooled, I mixed tablespoon of maple syrup and tablespoon of sugar. Dripped on top. Let set for about 20 minutes. TaDa! 





Pin It