Reward Bin

I don't know about your littles ones, but my two little men always working on some type of behavior. Whether its a behavior the need to increase like manners, a behavior they need to decrease like defiance or if its just an activity that they need to implement in their daily duties like brushing their teeth 3 times a day. No matter, what seems to work best in this family of four is a sticker chart and positive praise whenever possible. The sticker charts are just simple charts I found and printed off the Internet when I googled "behavioral charts". I then make sure I individualize them for each of my sons, but I also make sure they are fair. For example, for my 4 year old, one of his weekly goals on the chart may be to not have an accident at bedtime, but for my 6 year old I may not have that but instead have one about not being bossy to his brother. I would also make sure there are only 2-3 each goals for them to focus on each week as to not overwhelm them. Once they master the skill or behavior then it would be taken off their goal sheet. As for the reward bin, I utilize this for two things. First, I use this a couple times a month when I notice over and beyond extra good behavior. For example, my oldest son set the table last night without anyone asking him and it looked beautiful. If course I completely overwhelmed him with hugs and kisses and praise, but when he went to bed, there was a couple Lego pencils on his bed and a thank you card. I certainly don't do this a lot, but there are times when I feel a special gift shows how proud you are of them. Second, during the goal sticker sheet, to really encourage hard work for their goals and because of their age, when they conquer a goal, they get something out of reward bin. They feel so proud when this happens! The reward bin really comes in handy!! I've used it during their friends sleepovers as a prize box for game night as well!

Most of the items in the bin cost $1 or less and I find them n sale areas in stores like target and Walmart.

Pin It